Position Title: Mikva Partner Site Director
Office Location: Remote with periodic site visits
Reports to: Chief Education Officer
Schedule: Full or Part Time, dependent upon whether working with one or two sites
Mikva Challenge is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to develop youth to be informed, empowered, and active citizens who are community leaders that will promote a just and equitable society. Our approaches include direct youth work, teacher support, and liaising with civic leaders and institutions.
We are excited to partner with the Bezos Family Foundation on a new program: The Action Civics Model Site Initiative (ACMSI), which provides support to various sites around the country who are seeking to develop strong and sustainable student voice and youth civic engagement in their region. Through this initiative, Mikva Challenge partners with the selected sites to provide Action Civics curricula, sustained and ingrained professional learning, community engagement resources, and event support. This 3-year effort will help communities develop their most important civic resource – young people — and create dynamic strategies and sustainable ecosystems that support youth voice and civic action to build a more robust civic culture within the Site.
About the Position:
Mikva Challenge is seeking creative, experienced, and motivated Partner Site Directors to help grow and support the implementation of Mikva’s Action Civics Model Site Initiative. This exciting new role will work closely with local teachers and district personnel and will report to Mikva Challenge’s Chief Education Officer. The position will support 1-2 of the following sites remotely with regular site visits:
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Rural School Districts, New Hampshire
- Rochester, New York
- Wilmington, Delaware
Candidates have the choice of applying for a Part-Time role (20 hours/week), which would support one site, or a Full-Time role, supporting two sites. Each position requires a combination of remote and on- site work. Remote work is required on a year-round basis. On-site work will last 8 months out of the year and will consist of the equivalent of approximately 40 hours per month for each site covered.
This is a 2.5-year grant-funded position with a salary band of $30k-$40k for a Part-Time role, and $60k- $80k for Full-Time. Salary amount will be determined based on work experience and number of sites supported.
We are looking for an experienced educator or youth worker with an interest in youth civic engagement and civic education. A good relationship builder with youth and adults, this individual should possess a strong belief in the potential of youth, as well as a commitment to youth power and voice and respect for teachers. Strong facilitation and communication skills are important, as well as ability to form relationships with local community leaders and school district leaders. The ability to successfully partner with educators, not for profit partners, and other stakeholders is critical.
- Support the customization and implementation of the Action Civics strategy for the Site(s) including:
- Developing relationships and maintaining regular communications with teachers, district representatives, and community stakeholders
- Developing close partnership with Partner Site Lead and working in tandem to implement the Partner Site strategy
- Providing coaching and technical support to teachers and Instructional Leads
- Creating, organizing, and providing resources for classroom teachers
- Coordinating events showcasing student voice and civic action
- Connecting teachers and students to resources in their communities
- Modeling lessons in the classroom
- Facilitating professional development opportunities for teachers
- Coordinate the local evaluations process in accordance with Mikva standards and procedures
- Assist with other programmatic events and all other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in education, program development and management, and youth development
- Experience in youth civic engagement, youth development, and the political process preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, and social media
- Strong organizational skills, as well as and excellent oral and written communication
- Enthusiasm, energy, motivation, creativity, flexibility, sense of humor, and the ability to work independently as well as on a team are essential qualities
- Ability to demonstrate experience in building partnerships with a variety of stakeholders: teachers, district administrators, students, etc.
- Experience in event and volunteer management is preferred
- Ability to perform both remote and on-site work
- Demonstrating and inspiring cooperation, collaboration, reliability, and professionalism
- Working effectively in changing situations and with diverse groups and issues
- Inspiring individual and organizational excellence
- Establishing and maintaining professional contacts to build, enhance, and connect networks to Mikva Challenge
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Include “PARTNER SITE DIRECTOR” in the subject line. No phone calls will be accepted! Review of applications will begin immediately. Due to working in a school environment, all candidates will be required to complete a background check prior to hire. Candidates should be prepared to offer three professional references upon request.
At Mikva Challenge, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. Mikva Challenge is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other factor covered by federal, state, or local statutes. We want to create an empowering space to change lives!