Position Title: Partner Site Director – CA
Office Location: Based in California, this position will initially work from home and engage with staff and stakeholders through virtual platforms, as Mikva Challenge is working remotely during the COVID pandemic. As business returns to in-person activities, this position will include travel to assigned partner sites and conferences in California. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Reports to: Mikva CA Senior Director
Schedule: Full Time
About the Organization
Mikva Challenge is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to develop youth to be empowered, informed, and active citizens and community members who will promote a just and equitable society. We are a dynamic youth empowerment agency that provides middle and high school students with unique civic learning opportunities and hands-on experiences in community organizing, public policy advocacy, and youth activism programs. We do this by engaging youth in Action Civics, an authentic and transformative learning process built on youth voice and youth expertise.
Mikva Challenge evaluations show the lasting impact of its programs.
- 82% of students reported an increase in their civic knowledge.
- 77% of students developed their sense of civic agency and increased their future commitment to civic action.
- 83% of students took on new civic leadership.
- 79% of students reported gains in their socio-emotional skills — many of which have direct academic outcomes.
About the Position
Mikva Challenge is seeking a Partner Site Director to manage the implementation of Mikva’s Action Civics work at two partner sites in California. We are looking for an experienced educator or youth worker with an interest in youth civic engagement and civic education. A good relationship builder with youth and adults, this individual should possess a strong belief in the potential of youth, as well as a commitment to youth power and voice, and respect for teachers. The ability to successfully partner with educators, community based organizations, not for profit partners, and other stakeholders is critical. Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience in building partnerships with a variety of stakeholders. Strong facilitation and communication skills are important. This position will work closely with local teachers and district personnel. The position is a full-time position and involves managing two partner sites in California, along with support of the Mikva Challenge National Program team.
- Develop key relationships with assigned Partner Site Stakeholders, including teachers, district personnel, funders, partners, families and students.
- Support the customization and implementation of multi-year Action Civics strategy for the sites including;
- Coordinating student voice events
- Providing coaching and technical support to teachers and Instructional Leads
- Creating, organizing and providing resources for classroom teachers
- Developing relationships and maintaining regular communications with teachers
- Connecting classrooms to resources in their communities
- Modeling lessons in the classroom
- Facilitating professional learning for teachers
- Collaborate with the National Program Team to develop, refine and deliver curriculum and professional learning.
- Participate in a continuous improvement process of Action Civics Model Site initiative using data.
- Coordinate the local evaluations process in accordance with Mikva standards and procedures.
- Assist in the communication of success stories and the cultivation of funding. Work with the communications team to message the partner site work and steward funding stakeholders.
- Engage in Mikva’s organization effort to strengthen the racial justice and equity focus of Mikva’s work.
- Assist with other programmatic events and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 4+ plus years of experience in education, program development and management, and youth development
- Experience in youth civic engagement, youth development and the political process preferred
- Experience in event and volunteer management is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy, creativity, flexibility, sense of humor, and the ability to work independently as well as on a team are essential qualities
- Candidates should be highly organized, motivated and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in project management, scheduling, attention to detail and data management systems.
- Strong relationship and partnership cultivation skills to build rapport with existing and potential partner site stakeholders.
- Action-oriented and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in team, and has experience managing multiple projects independently
- Strong digital data management skills with both Mac and PC environments and proficiency in Google Suite; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other databases.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $58,000 – $80,000 annually commensurate with experience. We also offer a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Partner Sites Director – CA” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Mikva Challenge is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity in our workplace. Mikva Challenge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Applicants from historically underrepresented and/or marginalized communities, including people of color, are strongly encouraged to apply.